Working together on your canvas
The best place to begin is by inviting your team to your project. Once you have your team complete, you can all work together in the project. This is great for collaborative working sessions to design a canvas, present updates, or check in on testing progress.
Team members can each work on their own canvas or together on the same one. Strategyzer updates in real-time so that any change you make on your computer will immediatly be seen by the rest of your team. This is perfect for working together in the same office or half-way across the world (hurray for remote teams!).
To go one step further, you can collaborate directly by jumping on a web-conferencing tool or phone line. Teams can use the audio form this service to communicate verbally while working in Strategyzer. You can all be working simultaneously in the app or turn on screen-sharing and have one person edit the canvas to reflect the discussions of the team, while everyone watches the changes as they happen.
While collaborative working sessions can be useful teams often need to work individually on specific tasks. Much like your physical office, if you aren't mindful, your digital office can get messy. We recommend teams take a few small steps to help keep their project space organized.
- Give your canvases clear descriptive names so you and your team know what's inside
- Add the date to your canvases when you make them and when you update them to help keep track of your business model journey
- Label your active canvas with "ACTIVE" to keep the team aligned.
- Label canvases from the past with something like "LOCKED" to make sure no one over writes the work.
- Add your name to your personal canvases if you are working in a large group, so you know where to find your work and that of others
- Don't delete old canvases, keep them around just in case and add a prefix like "ARCHIVE" so you know it is out of date